While we were gone on our trip to Mexico, our landlords thought it would be the perfect time to update the bathroom. They started work on Friday and gutted the whole bathroom except for the tub. This meant that they had to scrape off all the ghetto '60s? tiles off of the walls that had who knows what growing in between them. They also removed the vanity (which was a mold garden), took up the old linoleum (that had black mold growing underneath it) and replaced the toilet... and let's face it, who wants to think about who's sat on that toilet over the years of this place being a rental... yuck! That's what I thought whenever I had to clean it. {Confession: I am a germ-a-phobe!} To say the least, the bathroom really needed some work, and although it was functional, it was kind of dirty and gross.
So when we came home Tuesday night, we were in heaven! The bathroom is sooo nice now. We love it. There is even a light on the ceiling now. (Lights-on-ceiling-count for the whole house: now 5). You could call it the Muncie Hilton. So now with the new carpet, the remodeled kitchen, and our handy-dandy paint job, this is really a cute and comfortable place to live.
Before and After Pictures
{Click Each One for Larger View}
{Click Each One for Larger View}
Floor Before and After


Before and After Towel Rack and Tiled Wall


Before and After View from the Hallway


New Medicine Cabinet/Mirror and Light on Ceiling

View From Outside

New Sink and Vanity
7 comments:
Wow that looks so much better. Dad and I better come and see it in person.
Lucky, Gosh!
Wow! It looks great! I bet it feels so much nicer.
Yeah, it feels a million times better. Now I'll actually spend more than 30 seconds in there. No more rust, no more rotting sink, no more mold (on floor or ceiling), no more crustiness :) We're really lucky. Our landlords are great!
Don't tell the renters in our fourplex. They will be moving in with you, especially Sterling!
I'm sure they think you deserve it since you're probably the best renters ever. Yea!!
I love it! :)
Post a Comment