Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Why Norwegians Don't Golf...





If we could recommend that you do anything this weekend, we would definitely say go the the Banff Film Festival being held at the Egyptian Theatre in Ogden this weekend. Kurtis and I are having serious withdrawals...we love you and miss you all...but we also REaLLy love the Banff Film Festival and wish we could be there for it.

"What is it?" you say? Banff is a city and National Park in Canada. Each year people from all over the world make amazing and inspiring films that they submit to this film contest held in Banff. They usually have something to do with crazy extreme sports or saving the earth. The films are then sent on a worldwide tour, so all of us can enjoy them. They are inCreDibLy inspiring and amazing! They also make me feel like I lead a boring life and need some new extreme hobbies like...

- Base jumping into a giant sinkhole cave in China
- Trekking across the Arctic Circle and battling Polar Bears and the melting polar ice cap
- Exploratory Kayaking in Papua New Guinea
- Hiking some crazy high mountain, just to ski down it and hope you don't get caught in an avalanche
- Promoting Green Peace... Papiroflexia
- More Kayaking... The Red Helmet

Ok, so maybe I'll just stick to what I'm good at... Eating Ice Cream, and save the rock climbing arches in the ocean with no safety gear for when I'm immortal.

Even though we can't make it to the Ogden or U of U showings of the films, the festival is coming here to Indiana University in Bloomington, Columbus, OH and Chicago, IL... we just have to wait until April.

Oh, and the reason why Norwegians Don't Golf... one word... Wingsuits.




1 comment:

Ellis Fam said...

Wow, what fun videos. The wingsuits remind me of Avatar. Maybe you can find something like that in Mexico.