I've been enjoying my Seminary-free life. It's really nice to not have to prepare a lesson everyday and not get up at 5:40 a.m. And now I actually look forward to doing laundry and the dishes with the extra time I have and not being so stressed. But my lack of seminary work is being made up in my credit union work, I've been buried with things to do for work and having been working 8 and 9 hour days.
Yesterday, since Kurtis had his first day off in 2 weeks, we decided to go to the temple. We always have to go on his day off, because it's proven to be a day-long adventure. The drive is just beautiful with all the lush green fields, barns, silos and trees. It was nice to go to the temple, and it's interesting because I sat next to a girl that lives in West Virgina. The Columbus, Ohio Temple is her assigned temple as well, just like it's ours and we live in Indiana. Afterwords we were able to meet a friend in Columbus for dinner. I always LOVE when Kurtis has day's off. It's so nice just to be able to spend more than an hour with him at a time. It's like heaven.
This week we found a little friend on our porch one night...a bat. Ew. I really don't like flying, hairy mice. Kurtis loves all of God's creatures and wanted him to stay. I insisted we throw rocks at him and make him fly away. Kurtis gathered up a bunch of rocks and starting throwing them. He got close several times, but the bat wasn't scared. He finally threw a rock and hit the bat right in the middle..."THUD!" The bat didn't even budge. We couldn't believe it. So we let him stay while we went for a walk. He was there when we got back, but later flew away. Good riddance!
Last week I hit the 21-week mark in my pregnancy...and I'll be 22-weeks on Tuesday, well over half way. I still have been feeling well. My stomach is super tight though, and it feels like my muscles can't stretch any further. I just think..."How am I going to grow for another 4 months, it feels like there's hardly any room left." It's also been harder to sleep and roll over and find clothes that fit comfortably, but these little discomforts are well worth having a baby in the end. We're really excited for this next week. We're finally going to have our "big ultrasound" at the doctor's office. My doc does the 4D ultrasounds, so we'll get to see a 3D image of it's little face. And we should also be able to find out the gender...any guesses? (Be sure to vote in our poll at the top right-hand corner.)
And the best thing that happened this week... we were finally able to feel our baby moving. I have felt it fluttering around inside me since week 15, but was able to feel it the other night when I had my hand on my stomach. Kurtis was even there with me and he was able to feel it too.
Love you all and hope you have a fun Memorial Day weekend!
4 comments:
Great information. I think Brock might be able to teach his uncle how to throw.
What a fun life you two have! Love the bat story and the profiles. Good luck with number 40.
Camee I hate to tell Kurtis but you have a cuter belly than him. Try Spot Shot on the bat and he will stay away. Love you lots Mom
The picture of Kurtis' tummy made me laugh. It's not every day you get mom/baby goo in your mouth and get to throw rocks at a bat.
Post a Comment