Monday, September 20, 2010

Getting Ready for Baby

My official due date is in about 2 weeks...October 4. We've washed her little cloths (and hope they'll fit), set-up a pack n' play in our room and done everything else we can in her room.

I keep getting asked if I'm ready to be done being pregnant...I'm really ok with being pregnant and don't mind still being pregnant. I guess there's only a couple of reasons why I would be ready to be done...

1. My maternity clothes are starting not to fit

2. I've created a huge "crater" in our bed from laying in the same spot

3. I can't go anywhere without someone telling me I look like I'm going to "pop." This is the one I really don't like. Although when our cute little nephew Cole saw a picture of me and said to his mom, "Aunt Camee's belly is really big. Is it going to pop?" Somehow that is adorable...anything is so much cuter coming from a 3-year old. And our other nephew Brock says I don't have a baby in my belly, I've just eaten too many cookies :)

4. I can't push, pull or roll myself out of bed very easily and sometimes just give up and the tears come. This is a 4-times a night ordeal. Love it :)


Kurtis setting up our stroller from Mama and Papa Ellis.



I also had another fun Baby Shower last weekend put on by my friend Kristen White. (Her husband also served his mission in Norway and was in the MTC with Kurtis). It was a joint shower with my friend Tara, who is due 3 days after me. We plan to be roomies in the joint room if there are too many mommies and babies in the hospital when we deliver. Our babies are kissing in this picture... no worries, she's having a boy...Baby Cooper.


This is another ultrasound picture of our sweet baby girl. Her face has really filled out (just look at those cheeks) and she's looking more like a baby. Her hair has gotten longer (that is not hair that you can see in this picture) and she has increased in weight. At this 36-week appt. she was weighing in at approx. 8 pounds with a month to go. Hmmm...More to love right? The docs. say that the babies weight is based mostly on genetics and the birth weight of the parents. Kurtis was 8 lbs. 4 oz. and I was 8 lbs. 12 oz. We'll see if she's grown anymore at our appt. tomorrow. Think small thoughts!


She has really long feet, toes and fingers...just like Kurtis.


No comments: