Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's Raining it's Pouring, the Old Man is Snoring

On Wednesday this week it was sunny, and then a rain storm quickly moved in and back out. This all happened within a half hour. While it was raining, it was really raining. It's fun to see just how much water can fall out of the sky. I started noticing that our gutters were slowly filling up. And then our street was filling up with water. It was pretty crazy.

Here's our mailbox across the street
(ours is the one on the far left)
The water found it's way to the top of the curb



Here's a view from the top of the street
(You can see my car in the driveway on the left)
I'm guessing this was about 8 inches deep based on how high it was on people's tires


The top of the street looking North


The little creek behind our house got pretty full

1 comment:

Hales Family said...

I want to come swimming with you.