Thursday, August 13, 2009

Seminary Begins

Looking Tired...Kurtis insisted on taking a "First Day" picture of me before Seminary Class (this was actually Day 2, because he was too tired on Day 1). Notice how the sun was still sleeping.


This is the front of my classroom. The classroom is one that is also used on Sundays, but since it is used all week for Seminary, we put up pictures and that. This room doesn't have a piano, so we have to take "field trips" to the Relief Society Room down the hall.

Today was my first day of teaching Seminary. I spent all day yesterday getting ready things ready and Kurtis and I spent last night getting my classroom ready. The students were there bright and early at 6:15 a.m. They got their Student Manuals, bookmarks, red pencils, and folders.

Today there were 7 students, 4 girls and 3 boys. I'll have 2 more boys soon, they are just out of town this week. So it looks like I'll have 9 students who come on a regular basis. The first day went pretty good, but I will say it is a little intimidating to teach older high school kids. It will be nice when I am more broken in :)

This is my bulletin board. Kurtis helped put up the paper, and made sure to point out that the ribbon is really "girly." The big long paper is the Book of Mormon time line."

I put some BOM pictures up on the wall, and that's a nice big rolling chalkboard.

2 comments:

Hales Family said...

Looks like you really care about the kids already. Have fun teaching them. You will be a great teacher. Love ya.

Ellis Fam said...

Well, you are off on a new adventure. Something that the kids in your class will always remember. Have fun