Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fog Delay? It's Summer!

This morning at my Seminary class, one of my students who never misses class wasn't there. I asked his friends if he was coming, to which they replied, "Kepler isn't coming, his school is on Fog Delay." Translation: It's so foggy where he lives in the outer area Muncie, that the school is starting 2 hours late. "Fog?" you say. "Yes," I say, "fog." Perhaps I have failed to mention this, but Muncie tends to be foggy in the morning, and overcast most days. Every morning driving home from Seminary, there is an almost eerie mist that hovers over the local elementary schoolyard. This morning it was so foggy it made it hard to see to drive. It's crazy. Summer goes until Sept. 22, and yet there are Fog Delays. We don't even have those in Utah, and we have our fair share of wintery weather. I'm sure it's from the humidity here, the water has no place else to go, but it is still crazy to see. To see the news of how many schools have a fog delay, click here.

1 comment:

Hales Family said...

Happy 11th month anniversary.