Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our "New" Dresser

When we packed up our house to move out to Indiana, we tried to pack as lightly as possible. As part of that, we left our dresser at home, and have been using plastic drawers. My friend Hannah just got a new bedroom set, so she offered to let us have her old dresser. It had been passed down to her from another friend. It's kind of old, and has some cute character. It had a few bumps and bruises, so I decided to refinish it. I washed it and sanded it down. It was missing the doors to the side cupboards, so I removed the hinges and puttied the holes. Kurtis helped to caulk some of the cracks and paint it. Since the doors were missing, I decided to paint inside the side cupboards to make it look cuter. Here's some before and after pictures.

1 comment:

Jeff and Andee said...

Sooo cute! I love it! Can you come home and help me finish Cole's dressers now?