Our ward recently had an activity: The Ward County Fair. We had sloppy joes, had our picture taken on a saddle and straw bails, sat on blankets on the gym floor, and had a fun time with everyone. The highlight of our night came when they announced the winners of the food competition. We took home two orange ribbons and one blue ribbon. The Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies won a ribbon for being the most festive. And the Virginia Fudge won a ribbon for being the richest flavor. The fudge also won "Best in Show." How about that... My first Ward County Fair Blue Ribbon! We were pretty excited. My grandma used to make Virginia Fudge every year for Christmas. And I think I was the one who sat at her counter and ate it all! :)
To see pictures from the activity click here and select the option to view the album as a guest. (Just to point out a few people: the Goates are 3rd year residents, 0969 is Ryan White - he was in Kurtis' MTC group and served his mission to Norway at the same time as Kurtis, and Jeff and Regina are our Bishop and his wife).
4 comments:
Wow! That looks god enough to eat - all on it in one sitting. Wish we would have been there to share in the 'glory'. I really like the link to the pictures of the activity. We are helping Karianne and craig move into their house, wish you were here to share the pain.
Have a great weekend.
Love,
Mom and dad ellis
Congratulations! That is a great idea for a ward activity. I hope I get a chance to taste it for myself sometime. Was there a grilled cheese sandwich category?
Thanks! Maybe I can make some to share when we come home for Christmas. And it sounds like someone can make a mean grilled cheese sandwich :)
You should of won for being such a cute daughter. Grandma would of been proud of your Virgina Fudge making skills. Love ya
Post a Comment