So last night we went to Wabash, Indiana. And our GPS decides to take us his brilliant way. As we're driving I spotted a deer eating in a field off to Kurtis' side. In the next moment we heard a big thud on the car. We didn't hit the deer, but the deer hit us. We must have startled it or something. If any of you have seen Twilight (and no, I'm not a crazy Twilight fan, even though that was our Halloween costume), I would liken it to the part when Bella sees Edward across the parking lot, then when a van nearly hits her Edward is instantly and unhumanly fast and is there by her side to save her. Must have been a vampire deer, because he was far away when I saw him, then in a twinkle of an eye he ran into our car. Kurtis just kept driving while I was questioning the status of the deer, "Do you think he's ok? Did that kill him? We should go back." Kurtis didn't want to turn around until an ambulance was coming in our direction and he started questioning whether it was a deer or a human. (No worries, it wasn't a human). We turned around and retraced our path. We found nothing, so I guess the deer is ok, although running into our car may have given him a few aches and pains this weekend. I just wished he would have been there so we could get his insurance information He did hit us afterall. We expected to see our car with a big ugly dent in the side, but to our surprise it only left a long small dent and scratch in the car. We ignored the GPS and found a different way home.
1 comment:
I hope you didn't hurt the deer. What a great experience. I have never had that happen. That is what insurance is for. Even thought you won't be able to use it.
Post a Comment