Monday, April 5, 2010

Introducing...BABY!

Ultrasound pic taken by Kurtis at 11 weeks


Kurtis and I are going to be getting a little bundle of joy this fall. I am 14 weeks along and due October 4. We are really excited for this blessing. We found out in January, and on February 13 (at 6 weeks) we were able to hear the heart beating for the first time. Kurtis' Family Medicine Clinic has an ultrasound machine that we can use whenever we like (isn't that awesome!) It's really nice because my doctor only does one ultrasound at 20 weeks.

Answers to questions people have had:
"How have you been feeling?"
The first couple of months were rough. I had some serious nausea, but no vomiting. I also had a fallout with my best friend...food. Food was so repulsive looking and smelling and poor Kurtis didn't get good home cooked dinners for a while. Fortunately, the nausea has pretty much gone away and I can eat again... Yea! Other than that I have just been more tired than usual, good excuse for a nap, right :)

"Is Kurtis going to deliver the baby?"
At this point, we are going to have the OB deliver the baby. I have a tendency to pass out easily at the sight of blood and hospital-type experiences, which leads to seizures... so we're planning on him staying by my side and letting the other doctor do the hard work...but this may change.

"Do you care if you have a boy or girl?"
Either would be great. Although we really think it's going to be a girl.


It's really fun because there are seven other girls pregnant in our ward here - three I am good friends with and one is my visiting teaching companion. We are all due between Aug. 31 and Oct. 7 - it's going to be crazy!


Baby's First Picture - Ultrasound pic taken by Kurtis at 9 weeks

Oh, and by request, here is a "tummy picture." I have started to show and am ready for some looser clothing, even though I haven't gained weight and lost some weight since I couldn't really eat for a while.

Week 13.5

3 comments:

Hales Family said...

You are so cute and so is the baby. We are so excited. Love you lots.

Ellis Fam said...

Thanks for the update. We are so happy for you. The baby will have wonderful parents and bring you much joy.

katie ellis said...

Your tummy is super cute. Don't worry, I took really good care of your best friend while you were away.