Kurtis and I spent our afternoon Saturday gathering up all the leaves from our yard. We have one small tree and one large tree in our yard, but with the neighboring trees it makes for plenty o' leaves landing all over the place. (You can see where I park my car.)
We haven't been able to see the grass in the backyard for a while now... so we borrowed a leaf blower and some rakes from our landlords.
Kurtis was pretty excited to use the "man" equipment. He was starving when he got home from work, but that didn't stand in his way of firing up the leaf blower :)
With Mother Nature's help (i.e. the wind) and my raking efforts we got the leaves into a huge pile, which of course we had to jump in a few times.
I'm not sure what volume type leaves are measured in, but for today we're going to measure leaves in gallons. We corralled the leaves into 55-gallon contractor bags, and ended up with 10 bags...hence 550 gallons of leaves. We "wheelbarrowed" them to the front yard with the lawnmower, they were quite heavy. Which is why Kurtis had sore legs all day yesterday. Now we just hope that the city doesn't miss our house in it's Leaf Pick Up Adventure.
2 comments:
I wish I was there to play in the leaves with you. It looks like you had a lot of fun. See you in 22 days. Love ya lots
Kurt -
How come you never did this when you lived at home?
Dad
Post a Comment