Sunday, July 4, 2010

Our Garden and Baby are Growing!


A few weeks ago, Kurtis and I planted OUR FIRST GARDEN. How tender. I call it our "Garden," Kurtis calls it our "Experiment." We have a small strip of dirt against the house in the backyard. We took out all the weeds, prepared the soil and planted some plants. We decided to do tomatoes, peppers and zucchini.

Our backyard is full of bunnies and squirrels. To help keep out the bunnies, we put up a little black fence. So far it's working. We're just like kids in a candy store with our garden. We love to go out each day and check on the progress of each of the plants. It's fun to watch them grow.

The night we planted everything.


How the Garden Looks Today



Our little baby girl is also growing, as evidenced by my belly. She loves to wiggle around inside me and has some strong kicks and elbows. This past week I had a doctors appointment. He said that all is going well, and I am measuring right where I should be, so the due date will remain October 4. As he looked through my ultrasound pictures, he was a little concerned that they weren't able to get a good image of her face, so he suggested that he would like us to have another ultrasound, just to make sure everything looks ok. So I will be having another ultrasound done in a few weeks. I really hope everything looks normal, and am very excited to see her little face, that is if she's not being "shy" this time.

Here's my belly picture from last week:

3 comments:

Hales Family said...

You are so cute. Can't wait to see you in person this week. Love you mom

katie ellis said...

Holy Moly. You look pregnant enough to have a baby shower. :)

Misty said...

you're so cute!!!